What lessons can self-organised learning communities takefrom the FLOSS movement?
Some questions Iʼd like to explore:
•Does one have to attend a formal institution to become an Artist or Technologist?
•How important is a sense of community (mentors, teachers and peers) to a learning experience?
•How important is it for learners to hack and remix their knowledge?
•How can “free” learning work alongside formal institutions such as art schools and universities?
• What elements of the FLOSS movement are most relevant to the idea of DIY / self-organised / “free” learning communities?
• What are the most valuable experiences we take from formal learning?
• Can we create similar experiences outside of formal institutions?
• How can we enable more people to have valuable learning experiences using
readily available resources?
• How can people share their experience of learning as well as the knowledge that they are acquiring?
• Autodidacts and self-learning have always existed, but how can society make this learning journey easier?